PEI Educatio Group INC focuses on the Vitual Reality Remote Education, Mental Health Treatment and Image-guided Therapy AI Space. Nature Medicine (May 04, 2020) stated that "A surge in mental-health problems related to the COVID-19 pandemic is on the horizon. The time to prepare and prevent another health-crisis wave is now." As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread around the world, a new dimension of public health has emerged that requires urgent attention. The evidence has been shown that the virtual reality has emerged as a viable tool to help in a number of different disorders, with the most strength of evidence for use in exposure therapy for patients with anxiety disorders, cue exposure therapy for patients with substance use disorders, and distraction for patients with acute pain requiring painful procedures. Some of our co-founders pioneered the research on remote sensing and mental health risk assessment. For more details, please see our papers listed below:
B. Porth, L. Porth, W. Zhu, M. Boyd, K.S. Tan, and K. Liu (2020), “Remote Sensing Applications for Insurance: A predictive Model for Pasture Yield in the Presence of Systemic Weather”, North American Actuarial Journal.
P. Qiu, Y. Li, K. Liu, J. Qin, K. Ye, T. Chen and X. Lu (2020), “Pre-screening and Treatment of Aortic Dissection Through Analyzing Data of Infinite Dimensions”, BioData Mining.
Julián Reyes Velez, Anika Tabassum, Antonio Bolufe-Rohler, Alexander Alvarez, K. Liu, Alain Poirier and Linda D. VanTil (2020), “Initial Characterization of well-being indicators amongst Canadian Veterans in receipt of Cannabis for Medical Purposes”, Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health, Revised and Re-submitted.
Q. Liu, K. Liu, Antonio Bolufe-Rohler, J. Cai, L. He (2020), “Glioma Segmentation of Optimized 3D U-Net and Prediction of Multi-modal Survival Time”, Neural Computing and Applications, Submitted.
K. Liu, Q. Liu and Y. Guo (2021) “A Diagnosis Method for Schizophrenia Based on Speech Phase Space Reconstruction and Emotion Recognition”, Working Paper.
We are looking for an IT developer who has strong background with HTML5 and VR/AR application development and who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include the website and software development. You will work with the education program coordinator and bridge the gap between VR education program and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Builder websites using php/mysql, maintain and enhance the websites regularly
- Develop remote education website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Build and maintain our web server, cloud server and clustering server
- Develop remote 3D application
- Work closely with other teams for potential joint projects and tecnical support
Skills and Qualifications
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science is preferable
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, PhP and MySQL
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with VR AR technology and applications development
- Knack of adhering to best design practices
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.